Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
- Manage accounts payable including reconciling vendor invoices and statement, monitoring purchase orders, processing cheque runs and liaising with vendors regarding payments, and credit applications
- Review of time entry for field employees with Operations Manager, weekly payroll responsibilities, including but not limited to posting payroll accounting software, emailing employee paystubs
- Preparation of new employee contract arrangements and employee on-boarding
- Preparation and remittance of payments to Union and tax authorities
- Collecting employee receipts and processing of employee expense reports
- Produce customer invoices, aging reports and assist with the review and collection. Monitor financial status of ongoing billable projects together with project managers.
- Preparing daily bank deposits
- Reconcile bank account
- Review and posting of monthly bank and credit card statements
- Produce financial statements and management reports for management team on a periodic basis
- Work with external accountant for corporate tax filing
- Monitor company cash flow
- Work with group Financial Controller and Chief Officer in getting all company processes streamlined and input directly in the company’s enterprise systems
- Supervise junior employees as needed
- Executive support, calendar management, scheduling appointments, and coordinating meetings as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong clerical skills. Experience with electronic filing system required
- Must have prior experience with an accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Peachtree/Sage or MS GP
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to multi task
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Solid Microsoft Office and Excel skills are mandatory.
- Prior experience in managing a small office an asset
- Must be comfortable with technology and learning new software
Minimum education requirement is a degree in Business Administration or Accounting; or 10 years of equivalent job experience.
Candidate must be grounded in basic business processes and comfortable in using technology in making the processes more efficient.